Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, the late Father Lee, and God's love

“And the angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid. I know that you are looking for Jesus of Nazareth who has been crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, just as he foretold.”

Matt 28: 5-6

Father Lee, you know I was going to see you at the hospital on the last day of December, but your older sister suggested not coming since you were in severe pain.

I didn’t expect you to pass away so soon. I regret not going to see you.

You know I talked to John this week. He is so bright, but frustrated, and you know why. I told him to pray hard. I know he is trying.

I really want to help him out. I want him to be happy and to grow intellectually and spiritually while staying in Korea.

I told John I will tape-record my piano playing and give the tape to him the next time we meet. I practice the piano at least half an hour every day. You know I didn’t play the piano for the two decades. Yet somehow it is all coming back. I hope you can listen to it (Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart, Schubert's pieces) as well.

You can see what’s been going on around the world.

It is still hard for me to comprehend how some people get so greedy and thirsty for power.

You know I’m concerned about the ultimate geopolitical conflict, which may involve Korea.

The current situation makes us rethink of what is life and what is nothingness.

I know that when all else fails, God’s love endures.

We all miss you dearly.

A documentary on the late Father Lee Tae Suk will be aired on KBS on April 11th.

Besides being a priest, he was a medical doctor, musician, and educator who devoted his life to the noble causes in Africa.

1 comment:

  1. I watched a documentary on Father Lee Tae Seok, and I've come to the conclusion that he is definitely one of the most inspirational, motivational, genuine people ever.

    ReplyDelete