Thursday, December 18, 2014

3D Printed Prosthetics Allow Dog To Run



From Makezine:

3D printing prosthetics isn’t exactly the newest thing in the world, but this take on it is surprisingly refreshing. This dog named Derby was born with disfigured legs. Running, or even walking, simply wasn’t possible. While you can see that a wheel rig was in use for some time, 3D Systems has created some prosthetics that allow Derby to actually run.
I’ll admit, I was fairly skeptical as I hit play. However, the moment you see the dog actually using the prosthetics in what appears to be a fairly natural way, I was won over. I would have loved to have seen the next iterations that were taller too. Great Job 3D Systems, this is absolutely how you should be showing off your tools!

http://makezine.com/2014/12/16/3d-printed-prosthetics-allow-dog-to-run/

No comments:

Post a Comment